We have made some changes
to the fees associated with lettings
We want to make sure that these changes are as clear as possible to our residents – whether you are currently living with X1 or looking to move in the future. You can download the booklets below so you can read them at your own leisure.
X1 Lettings are a member of The Property Ombudsmen Redress Scheme and relevant Client Money Protection Schemes. We would encourage you to follow the below link to read more about the Propertymark Conduct and Membership rules (specifically the rules for handing Client Money) and The Client Money Protection Schemes for Property Agents (Approval and Designation of Schemes) Regulations 2018.
- a refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than 5 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is less than £50,000, or 6 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above
- a refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than 1 week’s rent
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- payments capped at £50 (or reasonably incurred costs, if higher) for the variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy
- payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax
- a default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of a lost key/security device giving access to the housing, where required under a tenancy agreement